Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection continues to make a substantial contribution to the global burden of disease. The risk of developing chronic HBV is inversely related to the age at acquisition of infection. Immunization is the most...
- Category: Programme management
- Country: Swaziland, Republic Of Moldova, Nigeria
Contribution of polio eradication initiative to effective new vaccine introduction in Africa, 2010–2015
Background Significant progress has been made to increase access to vaccines in Africa since the 1974 launch of the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI). Successes include the introduction of several new vaccines across the continent and...
- Category: Service delivery
- Country: Zimbabwe, Zambia, United Republic Of Tanzania, Uganda, Togo, Swaziland, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome And Principe, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, Guinea Bissau, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote D Ivoire, Comoros, Chad, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
This report highlights the achievements made in expanding access to vaccines in Africa and discusses some of the remaining challenges to achieving universal access to vaccines. The timing of this report coincides with the halfway point of the...
- Category: Global initiatives
- Country: Zimbabwe, Zambia, United Republic Of Tanzania, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Swaziland, Sudan, South Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome And Principe, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Gambia, Gabon, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote D Ivoire, Congo, Chad, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
In seven southern African countries (Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe), following implementation of a measles mortality reduction strategy starting in 1996, the number of annually reported measles cases...
- Category: Service delivery
- Country: Zimbabwe, Swaziland, South Africa, Namibia, Malawi, Lesotho, Botswana
- Organisation: WHO
Editorial from EPI Monthly Feedback Bulletin from AFRO East and South (August-October 2017): The use of innovations (ODK) supporting country level Integrated Supportive Supervision real time documentation.
As part of the WHO African region efforts to improve immunization and surveillance performances in terms of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, coverage and equity and in order to strengthen the ca
IVAC VIMS Report on Global Vaccine Introduction - September 2014
The IVAC VIMS Report on Global Vaccine Introduction - September 2014 is out
USAID/DELIVER PROJECT: Regional Institutes Initiative
Since 1994, with USAID funding, JSI has conducted international courses on supply chain management of health commodities. These training activities have been a pivotal part of the supply chain support
POST 00297 : DEFANGING? + JET INJECTORS? + INCINERATORS?
Post00297 DEFANGING? + JET INJECTORS? + INCINERATORS? + 7 November 2000 CONTENTS 1. NEEDLE DEFANGING? 2. DEVELOPMENT OF A HIGH-WORKLOAD JET INJECTOR 3. NO TO INCINERATORS!! ? 4. REGIONAL CENT